Thursday, October 22, 2009

Saving web pages forever. I do not want to bookmark the page or save it to favorites.?

There is a tool that will capture a website and make it available to look through, as it was the day that I looked it, for as long as I want to keep it. I thought the tool was a yahoo download but I cannot find it anywhere in yahoo. I can find software to purchase that will do what I want but I know it is free out there somewhere, http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/Inquiry_P... This software does what I am looking for.



Saving web pages forever. I do not want to bookmark the page or save it to favorites.?





If you use Firefox, you can go to File -%26gt; Save Page As



This will download the static content of the page you are viewing (images and text). If the page updates using server side technology (php or asp) then you will not get the updates or see the new changes, only what is on your screen at the time. But no software will update the php and asp files so I say Firefox is best because it is free, widely used, and has no spyware or other junk.



Saving web pages forever. I do not want to bookmark the page or save it to favorites.?



you can always store an icon in a folder, that%26#039;s easy enough.



Other Replys:Then why did you ask the question? Kick backs on selling this thing? Its easier to just email the address to yourself if you don%26#039;t want it in bookmarks or favorites.



Other Replys:Just click File on the Menu bar, then Save As... and put it in whatever folder you want. You can also look it up in the Temporary Internet Files folder unless you have this set to empty when the browser is closed (which is the best practice from the standpoint of security).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive