Friday, October 30, 2009

Is it a good idea to place background pictures and music on your web page?

I placed nice background pics and some of my favorite music on my page. Then I read somewhere that these were very distructing and were not a good idea. What do you think? Is it distructing or original?



Is it a good idea to place background pictures and music on your web page?





Usability studies show that the majority of teenagers like background music on web sites. Every other demographic group finds it annoying as hell. So, use that when deciding. In my opinion, there%26#039;s not much on the Internet that%26#039;s more annoying than visiting a web site that I wanted to *look* at, to suddenly play some song that I don%26#039;t like, over-top of whatever music I was already listening to. I don%26#039;t need your favorite pop song to automatically start playing on your website for me to %26quot;get you%26quot; as a person.



Is it a good idea to place background pictures and music on your web page?



i have no clue



Other Replys:not origianl at all it%26#039; been around since 1995.



if it%26#039;s personnal page like myspace. it%26#039;s cool



it%26#039;s it is a business site take it off.



Other Replys:I think that although they can be slightly distracting, they are a nice touch. It tells people a little bit more about you if it is a personal page. In moderation, pictures and music is a very good idea! =]



Other Replys:Depends on what you want to put across to the viewers.



Check out http://www.hoppelpoppel.com



Other Replys:It really depends on your audience and how those elements are presented. Generally you don%26#039;t want to put in music unless you are creating sites such as band sites. Background pictures can be distracting but if you really want it there, I would recommend its opacity be set to about 5-10%. Keep in mind that if you add music or images with lots of color, you will cause the download time for your pages to be longer than it should be. This would not matter if people are using DSL or any kind of broadband, but many people still use dial-up connections. Again, think of who your audience would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive