Friday, October 30, 2009

My computer made a camra clicking sound when I was on a web page what does that mean?

I was checking some prices on pet supplies and when a page loaded up it made a sound like someone took my picture. Is this a virus?



My computer made a camra clicking sound when I was on a web page what does that mean?





It is probably an advertisment. There is a Pest Control (Orkin) ad running on some of the Yahoo Answers sections which shows a cockroach and then a camera shutter sound is made as the roach has it%26#039;s police mug shot taken. It is a %26quot;wanted%26quot; pest - get it??? That%26#039;s probably what it is.



Try the link below and watch the ad on the left.



My computer made a camra clicking sound when I was on a web page what does that mean?



It may simply have been a sound progammed to play when that page loaded. Update your virus definitions and run a scan to be sure.



Other Replys:I think it%26#039;s just a sound scheme on your computer. nothing%26#039;s wrong.



Other Replys:If it is what I think you%26#039;re describing, that%26#039;s completely normal. Just means the page is reloading itself (for up-to-the-minute information or rotating advertisements) or updating some element of the page. I get that all the time.



Other Replys:It%26#039;s probably indicating that your pop up program killed a pop up window.



Other Replys:It was more than likely a Flash banner ad and nothing more. But, as the first person suggested, a full virus scan and adware scan couldnt hurt just to be sure.



Other Replys:I wouldn%26#039;t think so... It%26#039;s probably some background sound on the web page.



Other Replys:Many web pages refresh either all of part of themselves. This sound just tells you that you are being redirected to another url, whether the same to refresh, or it is actually moving pages.



Other Replys:Most likely it was just an ad... one of those ads at the top of a website. Don%26#039;t worry about it.



Other Replys:It was probably that darn pest control advertisement that%26#039;s popping up everywhere. I think your computer is fine, unless it continues to make that noise:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive