Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I am building a web page. I want to have my page with borders (big margins on both sides) How does t

For example, look at all of the answers.yahoo.com pages. the pages are shrunk down with a different pattern on the sides being empty? How do I do this?



I am building a web page. I want to have my page with borders (big margins on both sides) How does this work?





HTML



%26lt;div id=%26quot;container%26quot;%26gt;



....your main HTML content goes in here....



%26lt;/div%26gt;



CSS:



body{



text-align: center; /* centers the page in IE */



}



#container{



width: 750px;



margin: 0 auto; /* centers the page in FF, Op, Saf */



text-align: left;



}



I am building a web page. I want to have my page with borders (big margins on both sides) How does this work?



this is what you need to do.



at firt design a web site within a table (table alignment = %26quot;Center%26quot;) with fix table size( like 300*500, 400*800 etc because if you don%26#039;t put 100% your table size it won%26#039;t be expanded so)



and put background image whatever you like (there is patern background in yahoo Q%26amp;A page and table background is white). once you are done test your page yourself.



to get same sample image background just right click on those petern arean and click save background as and save image in your local drive.



and insert as Background of page then i will look exact what you see on YQA page.



Good luck



Other Replys:It%26#039;s easy to learn HTML, DHTML, or CSS. Search on line. Thats what I%26#039;ve done. But I%26#039;ve also learned by myself by braking down already made pages. Thats always been my method in learning anything-take it apart and put it back together. Hope you figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive