Sunday, May 23, 2010

What is the script to not allow an html editor to open up a web page?

I use microsoft frontpage. the icon is at the top of my browser beside the stop, refresh, home buttons etc. usualy you can click the frontpage icon and it will load the page you are viewing on the net (even if it%26#039;s not yours) so that you can look at the script, learn how they set up the page etc. ( i know about %26quot;view/source%26quot; but would like to actualy play around with the design in an editor)



on some sites the frontpage icon is greyed out, not allowing it to load in the editor. what is the script that prevents this from happening?



example: yahoo answers! does not allow FP to load their page.



What is the script to not allow an html editor to open up a web page?





If I want to play around with a web page design I just go to file%26gt;save, and save the page, wherever, and just open it in Dreamweaver. Everything I want is there, i can see exactly the layout, the tables etc.



What is the script to not allow an html editor to open up a web page?



Yahoo answers is written in XHTML, not HTML.



Frontpage has problems with XHTML.



I was able to open it no problems in frontpage 2003 (from the office xp cd)



Might be time for an update to frontpage.



Hmm.. now the button doesn%26#039;t work for me on yahoo answers.



But, here%26#039;s a workaround for the time being.



I went to the page , clicked file-%26gt;save page as



and saved it to my documents folder (web page complete).



I then opened it in frontpage without a problem.



Try that.



viewing source, i can%26#039;t see anything that jumps out at the moment.



I%26#039;ll have to check the javascript.



Other Replys:too technical for me, but one of my professional frends put up this site, u might get some help here-



http://tinyurl.com/o5e26



all the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive